Potency is the body's ability to achieve and maintain an erection during intercourse. The opposite of this condition is male impotence (impotence, erectile dysfunction) has many causes.
Impotence and infertility are not the same. The most common Form of impotence is the lack of hardness of the Penis during intercourse. Erections in men is to be achieved as a result of the "cooperation" between the blood circulation and the peripheral and Central nervous system. The arterial blood flows into the hollow of the cavernous bodies of the Penis through the small blood vessels. Increase in arterial blood flow (about 7 times compared with a conventional) leads to an erection.
Nicotine is a very potent vasoconstrictor, the effects on the blood vessels in two directions:
- First, as a stimulant he wears spasms, influendo on the arteries of the heart, the lungs, the eyes, the internal organs, arms, legs, and of course the genitals.
- It damages the walls of blood vessels, thereby deteriorating their ability to relax.
You will be remembered! How Smoking affects the potency? To prevent In simple words, it leads to a decrease in the blood flow, the desired erection and the inability that the blood is flowing.
Since nicotine is a powerful and fast blood constrictor vessel, he has almost a direct impact on the sexual bloodstream.
Studies using Doppler showed that the deeper arteries blood Penis shrinks immediately respond to cigarette smoke, "" so that the blood flow is no longer visible after two cigarettes. Although such an effect of nicotine comes to "no" after the treatment, the Smoking, or the use of consectetuer substituit the walls of the arteries and nerves is yet to recover "" from the effects of nicotine.
To the extent that Smoking affects the potency and the General health, damage due to nicotine and some other components of the smoke increases with time up to the "point of no return".
Some of these components include:
- Carbon monoxide;
Under the influence of these substances, blood vessels do not relax in response to sexual stimulation, thus not the proper blood flow for an erection guaranteed.
The long-term effect of Smoking on potency
In a study on the subject of impotence, and the effects of Smoking on the potency of 440 men with erectile dysfunction. They examined the risk factors and it was found that a number of risk factors increases with age.
- In a study where the average age of men was 47 years, with 53% of the problems with the arterial circulation. Where Smoking and other factors, the the emergence of of impotence is significantly more common in men with impotence in comparison to other men of the same age.
- The measurement index of the blood pressure in the Penis showed that Smoking led to a decline in the index to subnormal values. According to the Interpretation of the investigators, this means that there are disorders of blood circulation in the genital area.
- In addition, the influence on the narrowing of the small blood vessels in the genital area can smoke directly. Circulatory failure develops gradually, and the negative effects of Smoking on potency is mostly in the age of 40-50 years.
Smoking on potency and semen quality has
In smokers the number and motility of sperm decreases, in addition, Smoking can damage to your structure.
The Finnish researchers believe that the sperm motility decreased faster in men who smoke a lot, compared to non-smokers people.
For those, who arrives at the testing for infertility recommendation to give up Smoking is one of the first.
There were, however, found no differences in the hormonal balance of smokers and non-smokers.
Smoking affects the potency? Yes, nicotine can lead to inadequate erections. The in animal trials, as well as in experimental studies on people.
- So, the test persons were asked for half an hour-three cigarettes (with nicotine 0.9 mg per cigarette).
- And your erections decreased compared to the people from the group who smoked cigarettes with a nicotine content of only 0.002 mg per cigarette, and with a group that is not smoked at all.
Researchers believe that it is due to the penetration of nicotine into the circulatory System by the autonomic nervous system and decrease blood flow. So the answer to the question, "does the Smoking on potency" is "Yes, the smoke hinders a good effect".
Frequent Smoking and impotence
On one of the annual conference of the American heart Association, dedicated to cardiovascular disease, epidemiology and prevention, were presented the results of a study on the link between Smoking and impotence.
"It is not the first study documenting Smoking connection between cigarettes and erectile dysfunction," the researchers said He, an epidemiologist from the University's School of public Health and tropical medicine Coronat in New Orleans, Jiang. "But this research is unique in the sense that the consideration of other factors associated with erectile dysfunction and these factors could".
It is important to know! In heavy smokers, often, the Plaques appear in the arteries (atherosclerosis). They obstruct the normal flow of blood through the vessels, causing a range of problems of blood circulation throughout the body, such as erectile dysfunction.
In their study, the researchers, the medical data on 4764 Chinese men investigated with an average age of 47 years. In the data examined information about Smoking and the quality of sexual relations.
The results of the investigations were as follows:
- In the case of men who daily smoked more than 20 cigarettes, the risk for impotence to 60% higher in comparison to men that never smoked.
- 15% of the former and present smokers have experienced erectile dysfunction.
- Men who were currently and previously smoked, about 30%, often suffer from impotence than non-smokers.
- Among the men who have never smoked, and only 12% had problems with erection.
Frequent Smoking and impotence often go Hand in Hand. Most people know that Smoking seriously damages the health. Influence on potency is only one of the harmful consequences of nicotine. But maybe for someone it will be a decisive reason for the rejection of harmful habits.